Salted Caramel Pretzel Brownies
These brownies have that salty-sweet sensation on lock.
- 150 g plain flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 30 g cocoa powder
- 350 g dark chocolate (70%), chopped
- 200 g butter, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 300 g caster sugar
- 100 g brown sugar
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 vanilla extract
- 100 g salted caramel sauce (we used Joe & Seph's Salted Caramel Sauce)
- 12 large pretzels
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (180°C Fab). Butter a 22 x 33cm baking tin and line with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and cocoa powder.
- Set a large heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water to create a bain-marie. Add butter and 250g chocolate to bowl. Heat, stirring occasionally until the chocolate and butter are completely melted and smooth. Remove bowl from heat, then whisk in sugars and stir until combined.
- Add eggs one at a time, stirring well between each addition, then stir in vanilla. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture and fold in dry ingredients with a rubber spatula until just combined. Fold in remaining chocolate.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Dot over salted caramel sauce and swirl into the mixture. Bake until a toothpick inserted into centre of brownies comes out with a few moist crumbs, about 35 minutes.
- Immediately after removing from oven, add pretzels on top and press down slightly. Let cool completely in pan.