These buttery scallops are dipped in a mixture of butter and garlic first and then baked in Panko and Parmesan coating. It takes less than 30 minutes.
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- 3 garlic cloves pressed
- ⅓ cup Panko bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese for topping
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- Mix melted butter, salt, and pressed garlic in a small bowl and set it aside.
- Mix Panko bread crumbs and grated Parmesan cheese in another shallow bowl and set it aside.
- Take scallops out of the package and pat each one dry with a paper towel.
- Toss scallops in the melted butter mixture and then coat each one in Panko/Parmesan mixture on all sides.
- Place coated scallops in a baking dish that's large enough to hold them with some space in between each one.
- Carefully pour in remaining melted butter in between and around the scallops. (Don't pour on top.)
- Sprinkle each scallop with some Parmesan cheese and bake for 10-14 minutes, depending on the size.