Crispy Baked Scallops are buttery and crispy with panko, Parmesan Cheese, paprika, butter and olive oil baked in a high temperature oven in just 15 minutes.?
- 16 large sea scallops , (1 - 1 ½ pounds)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese , grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley , chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Dry scallops well with paper towel and remove any attached side-muscle on the scallop by pinching and tearing it away from the scallop (the muscle is much tougher to eat than the scallop).
- Combine the salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne, panko, Parmesan, parsley, olive oil, and butter in a bowl stirring well until combined.
- Place the scallops into an 8x10 baking dish, then cover with the bread crumb mixture.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the topping is browned.