Balsamic Glazed Mushroom Tart (Puff Pastry)
Topping pre-made puff pastry with mushrooms that have been sautéed in a delicious balsamic bath and then layered on melty cheese, these tarts are hard to beat!
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms sliced (they’re also called baby bella mushrooms!)
- 7 ounces good-quality puff pastry dough cut into 2 rectangles
- 5 ounces gruyere jarlsberg or emmenthaler cheese, grated
- 3 shallots cut into rings
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lay puff pastry dough rectangles on a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle both rectangles with a generous layer of cheese, leaving a crust-like border around the outside of the pastry with no cheese.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add mushrooms, shallot rings, garlic, dark brown sugar, soy, and balsamic. Stirring often, let mushroom mixture cook and soften for 8-10 minutes until mushrooms shrink to about half of their original size and the shallots soften and begin to caramelize. Turn the burner off and stir in thyme removed from 2-3 sprigs.
- Use a slotted spoon to add mushroom mixture to the top of each pastry, leaving a border around the outside of each pastry uncovered.
- After all mushroom mixture is used, sprinkle the top of each pastry with more cheese and a bit more thyme.
- Crimp the edges of the pastries with fork (if you’d like to make these extra pretty!).
- Bake for 21-26 minutes until pastries are golden brown. Let rest for 5 minutes before enjoying (with wine, of course!).
All rights and material belong to owners tastefullygrace.com