Garlicky Shrimp Zucchini Boats
When you're craving pasta, these zucchini boats are a great option. The easy shrimp filling tastes almost like a creamy shrimp scampi. It's so good, it haunts our dreams.
- 4 large zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp. butter
- ¾ lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ c. heavy cream
- ¼ c. grated Parmesan
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°. Score zucchini (like you’re dicing an avocado) and scoop out insides to use later. Place zucchini boats in a large baking dish and drizzle all over with oil. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle thyme leaves on top. Bake until tender, about 20 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Cook until pink and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and when cool enough to handle, chop into bite-size pieces. Return shrimp to skillet then stir in reserved zucchini, tomatoes, and garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Add cream, Parmesan, and lemon juice, and cook until slightly reduced, 3 minutes.
- Fill zucchini boats with shrimp mixture and top with mozzarella. Cook until cheese is bubbly, about 10 minutes more. Garnish with more Parmesan and parsley.
Garlicky Shrimp Zucchini Boats are low-carb, high flavor.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/83OTw87
Julkaissut Delish Tiistaina 8. tammikuuta 2019