Jalapeño Popper Creamed Corn
People freak out over this jalapeño popper creamed corn. Every. Single. Time. Besides being an awesome side, it makes a great dip or hot dog topper too!
- ½ oz. (8-oz.) block cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ c. sour cream
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ears corn, kernels removed
- 1 c. cooked bacon, crumbled, plus more for garnish
- 1 c. shredded cheddar
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 jalapeños, seeds removed and minced, plus another jalapeño thinly sliced, for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese with sour cream. Season with the chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add corn and cook, stirring occasionally, until the corn is golden and lightly seared, about 5 minutes.
- Add corn to cream cheese mixture and let cool slightly.
- Add bacon, cheddar, green onions, and jalapeños and toss to coat. Garnish with sliced jalapeño and more bacon.