Cranberry Cheesecake Banana Bread
Cranberry Cheesecake Banana Bread is the only thing we're eating on Thanksgiving morning.
- FOR THE BREAD
- Cooking spray
- 1½ c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. ground cloves
- ¾ c. granulated sugar
- 1½ c. (1 stick) melted butter
- 1 large egg
- ¼ c. greek yogurt
- juice of ½ an orange
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1½ c. fresh or frozen cranberries
- FOR THE CHEESECAKE LAYER
- 1 (8-oz.) block cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- Zest of 1 orange
- FOR THE TOPPING
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed orange juice
- ½ c. frozen cranberries
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- Make banana bread batter: Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 8.5”-x-4.5” loaf pan with parchment paper and grease with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cloves.
- In a large bowl, mix together melted butter and sugar. Add eggs, yogurt, orange juice, and vanilla and mix until combined. Add mashed bananas and mix until incorporated. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in cranberries.
- Make cream cheese layer: In a medium bowl, using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar together until no lumps remain. Add egg and orange zest and beat until incorporated. Add about half of the banana bread batter to prepared pan, then top with all of the cheesecake filling. Add remaining banana batter and smooth top. Bake until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let cool completely.
- In a small bowl whisk together powdered sugar and orange juice.
- In another small bowl toss cranberries with sugar.
- Drizzle cake with icing and top with sugared cranberries.