Shrimp Fried Rice
Takeout fried rice pales in comparison to this.
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 c. cooked white rice
- 1 c. frozen peas, defrosted
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 large egg, whisked
- sriracha, for serving
- 2 tbsp. Sliced green onions
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add garlic and stir for one minute. Add carrots and peppers and sauté, 3 minutes, then add shrimp and cook, 4 minutes, or until pink and opaque, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in rice and peas and and season with soy sauce and sesame oil. Sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Push rice to one side of the skillet and add the egg. Stir egg constantly until almost fully cooked, then fold into rice mixture. Garnish with Sriracha and green onions and serve.