Birthday Cake Banana Bread
Your new favorite excuse to eat sprinkles for breakfast.
- ½ c. (1 stick) melted butter, plus more for pan
- 1 c. all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ¾ c. sugar
- ¼ c. buttermilk
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3 super-ripe bananas, mashed with a fork
- ½ c. white chocolate chips
- ½ c. rainbow sprinkles
- FOR VANILLA GLAZE
- ½ c. powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. milk
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° and butter and flour a 9x5-inch loaf pan. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In another large bowl, combine sugar, melted butter, buttermilk, vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until smooth. Pour wet ingredients over dry and stir until combined, then fold in mashed bananas and white chocolate chips. Gently fold in sprinkles and transfer batter to prepared pan.
- Bake until deeply golden and a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Let bread cool in pan 10 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- MAKE VANILLA GLAZE
- In a small bowl, stir together powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract until smooth. (Add more milk 1 teaspoon at a time until pourable.)
- Drizzle Vanilla Glaze over bread before slicing.