If baked potatoes and potato chips had a baby, THIS would be it
- FOR THE HASSELBACK POTATOES
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, grated
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- FOR THE CREAM CHEESE SAUCE
- 4 tbsp. cream cheese, softened
- ¼ c. boiling water
- FOR THE EVERYTHING BAGEL SEASONING
- 1 tbsp. white sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp. black sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp. dried onion flakes
- 1 tbsp. dried minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. poppy seeds
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- FOR TOPPING
- Sriracha or hot sauce (optional)
- Diced red onions
- Freshly chopped chives
- BAKE HASSELBACK POTATOES
- Preheat the oven to 425°. On a cutting board, place a potato lengthwise between two chopsticks. Partially slice each potato into ⅛”-thick slices, making sure not to cut all the way through by using the chopsticks as a safety guard. Place cut potatoes on a large baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil and garlic. Brush half the garlic oil mixture all over the sliced potatoes, then season each potato with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove potatoes from the oven, then carefully fan out the slices by gently squeezing while twisting the potato with just your index finger and thumb. Brush remaining garlic oil mixture onto the potatoes, making sure to brush in between the slices.
- Continue baking for 40 minutes more, until potatoes are completely tender and the slivered tops have bloomed outward and turned crispy and deeply golden.
- MAKE CHEESE SAUCE + TOPPING
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cream cheese with boiling water, whisking until smooth.
- In another small bowl, combine sesame seeds, dried onion, dried garlic, and poppy seeds.
- Drizzle baked potatoes with cream cheese sauce and hot sauce, if desired. Sprinkle with everything seasoning, red onions, and chives before serving.