Honey Walnut Shrimp
Honey Walnut Shrimp = No need for take-out tonight!
- 1 c. water
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1 c. walnuts
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 c. cornstarch
- Vegetable oil for frying
- ¼ c. mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- Cooked white rice, for serving
- Thinly sliced green onions, for garnish
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine water and sugar and bring to a boil. Add walnuts and let boil for 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove walnuts and let cool on a small baking sheet.
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towels and season lightly with salt and pepper. Place eggs in a shallow bowl and cornstarch in another shallow bowl. Dip shrimp in eggs, then in cornstarch coating well.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1” of oil. Add shrimp in batches and fry until golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel lined plate.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, honey, and heavy cream. Toss shrimp in sauce. Serve over rice with candied walnuts and garnish with green onions.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com