Bacon Beer Cheese Soup
Basically an excuse for lovers of cheddar cheese everywhere to essentially drink melty cheese. (Winning.) Beer and smoky bacon add depth
- ½ lb. bacon
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ c. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 c. whole milk
- 8 oz. lager
- 4 c. shredded cheddar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Bread, for serving
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp, 6 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to let drain, then crumble.
- Heat skillet with bacon fat over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft, 6 minutes, then add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add flour and whisk until golden, 3 minutes, then add broth, milk, and beer and let simmer until thickened, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add cheese and continue to simmer until slightly reduced and thickened, stirring occasionally, 5 to 8 minutes. Season generously with salt and pepper, then stir in most of the crumbled bacon.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with remaining bacon. Serve warm with bread.
How To Make Bacon Beer Cheese Soup
Bacon Beer Cheese Soup is basically fondue in a bowl. Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/rSt0yuq
Julkaissut Delish Maanantaina 1. huhtikuuta 2019