Ham Bone Soup
This is the coziest thing to make will all that leftover Easter ham.
- 3 strips thick-cut bacon, cut into ½" strips
- ½ large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 medium shallots, chopped
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. crush red chili flakes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ham bone
- 1 (15.5-oz.) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.5-oz.) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 sprigs thyme
- ½ small green cabbage, shredded into ½" strips
- Fresh parsley leaves, for garnish
- Heat a large pot over medium heat and add bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, until bacon is crisp. Remove bacon from pot and drain on a paper-towel lined plate.
- Add onion, celery, and shallot to pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables have softened, about 6 minutes. Add cumin, chili powder, and chili flakes and season with salt and pepper. Cook until spices are fragrant, 1 minute.
- Add ham bone, beans, bay leaf, and thyme to the pot. Add 8 cold cups of water and bring to a simmer. Let simmer 30 minutes, then add cabbage and simmer 10 minutes more. Season to taste with more salt and pepper.
- Remove bay leaf and thyme sprigs and ladle into bowls. Top with cooked bacon and parsley leaves.
This is the coziest thing to make will all that leftover Easter ham.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/Px2YhkK
Julkaissut Delish Perjantaina 19. huhtikuuta 2019