Chicken Parm Grilled Cheese
The grilled cheese gods have spoken.
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 slices white or sourdough bread
- 1 tbsp. plus 2 tsp. marinara
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella, divided
- ¼ c. freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 3 oz. fresh or frozen breaded chicken, cubed
- A few torn basil leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat broiler. Assemble sandwich: Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. On the unbuttered side of one slice, spread 1 tablespoon marinara sauce, then top with ¾ cup mozzarella, Parmesan, chicken, and basil. Top with remaining slice of bread, buttered side up.
- In a large, oven-safe skillet over medium heat, cook sandwich until crispy, 5 minutes per side.
- Spread remaining 2 teaspoons marinara sauce on top of sandwich, then top with remaining ¼ cup mozzarella. Broil until cheese is melty and golden.
- Sprinkle with additional Parmesan and pepper and serve.