Blueberry Glazed Donut Muffins
Blueberry Glazed Donut Muffins are the best of both worlds.
- FOR MUFFINS
- 2¾ c. all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ c. (1 stick) butter, softened
- ½ c. granulated sugar
- ⅓ c. packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 c. milk
- FOR GLAZE
- ½ c. blueberries
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice, divided
- 1½ c. powdered sugar
- Sprinkles, for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a cupcake tin with 12 liners. In a medium bowl, whisk flour baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well to combine. Add half the flour mixture, beat to just combine. Beat in milk, then add remaining flour mixture and beat until just combined. Scoop batter into prepared cupcake tin.
- Bake until puffed and golden, 28 to 30 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Make the glaze: In a small saucepan, bring blueberries and 1 tablespoon lemon juice to a boil, stirring. Boil until blueberries burst, about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Set a sieve over a medium heatproof bowl. Scrape blueberry mixture through sieve; discard solids. Add remaining tablespoon lemon juice and whisk powdered sugar into blueberry mixture to create a thick pourable glaze, adding water, no more than 2 tablespoons to adjust consistency, if needed.
- Dip tops of cooled cupcakes in glaze and top with sprinkles. Let glaze set before serving, about 10 minutes.