Tuscan Chicken and Potatoes
Crispy chicken and potatoes with spinach, sun dried tomatoes and bacon bits, all smothered in a creamy Parmesan sauce. Doesn’t that sound amazing?
- 6 Chicken Thighs
- 2 cups Potatoes red or creamers, cut up in small chunks
- 2 tbsp Oil for frying
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1.5 cups Heavy cream
- ⅓ cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes cut into strips
- 2 cups Spinach
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 2 slices Bacon chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Sweet paprika
- Cooking Spray
- Parsley for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400 F;
- In a pot bring a water to boil, add a teaspoon of salt and add cut up potatoes; cook them for approximately 15 minutes, then drained and set aside.
- Heat up cooking oil in a cast iron skillet or other heavy pan;
- Season chicken on both sides with salt, pepper and sweet paprika;
- Add chicken to the skillet and cook on each side until browned for approximately 3-4 minutes;
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside;
- Discard all but a tablespoon of fat from the skillet and add garlic. Cook for about a minute and then pour in the heavy cream.
- Let the cream cook for a couple of minutes until thickened up (about 5 minutes). Then add spinach and sun dried tomatoes and mix well;
- Turn off the heat and add Parmesan Cheese, mix until melted and well combined with the sauce. Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Prepare a casserole dish big enough to hold 6 chicken thighs and potatoes; spray it generously with cooking spray;
- Add potatoes to the casserole dish; pour the sauce over the potatoes and place chicken on top of it;
- Transfer the dish into the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and internal thermometer shows 165F and the potatoes are fork tender.
- While your chicken and potatoes are baking, add cut up bacon to a clean skillet and cook until golden brown and crispy;
- Once the chicken and potatoes are cooked, remove casserole dish from the oven, sprinkle with bacon and parsley and serve immediately. Enjoy!
All rights and material belong to owners eatingeuropean.com