Loaded Green Bean Casserole
Wave goodbye to that can of cream of mushroom soup and meet your new favorite green bean casserole! It's got bacon, chives, and SO much cheese.
- 2 lb. green beans, trimmed
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp. slices bacon, cut into ½" pieces
- ¼ c. all-purpose flour
- 3 c. whole milk
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 c. shredded cheddar, divided
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c. French's fried onions
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare an ice bath. In a large pot of boiling water, add green beans and cook until bright green, about 6 minutes. With a slotted spoon or tongs, quickly transfer green beans to ice bath to cool, then drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- In a large, high-sided skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Cook bacon until crisp, 8 minutes. Remove bacon from skillet and drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Over medium heat, whisk in flour and cook until lightly golden and no longer raw, about 2 minutes.
- Add milk, Worcestershire, and garlic powder and bring up to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Let mixture thicken slightly, about 2 minutes, then whisk in 2½ cups cheddar until completely melted. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Combine green beans and cheese sauce in a medium baking dish. Top with remaining cheddar and bake until warmed through and bubbling around the edges, about 20 minutes.
- Top with bacon and fried onions and bake 5 minutes more.
- Garnish with chives before serving.
Loaded Green Bean Casserole is ALL we want at Christmas dinner.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/lgWC9ye
Julkaissut Delish Keskiviikkona 5. joulukuuta 2018