Philly Cheesesteak Soup
Everything you love about Philly Cheesesteaks in soup.
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- ⅔ lb. chuck roast, cut into cubes
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 3 c. beef broth
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1½ c. shredded provolone cheese, divided
- 2 large round loaves of bread, such as boule or sourdough
- 1 tbsp. Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to broil and line a small baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large pot over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add steak and season with salt and pepper. Sear on all sides until meat is golden and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove meat and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to pot and pour in onions and peppers. Cook until onions are partially translucent and peppers have softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, then season with salt and pepper and sprinkle all over with flour. Cook 2 minutes, until flour turns slightly golden.
- Add in beef broth, cream, and ½ cup cheese. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer. Cook 10 minutes to allow soup to thicken slightly and flavors to meld.
- Meanwhile, cut off the top off breads and scoop out the inside bread to create a bowl. Cube bread removed from top of loaf. Place on a prepared baking sheet.
- When soup is thickened, stir in beef and ladle into bread bowls. Top with cubed bread and remaining cheese and broil until cheese is melted and golden. Garnish with parsley and serve.
How To Make Philly Cheesesteak Soup
This Philly Cheesesteak Soup is hearty as hell. Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/gSivmj4
Julkaissut Delish Maanantaina 29. tammikuuta 2018