Slow-Cooker Lemon-Garlic Chicken
Chicken tastes even better when you don't actually have to cook it.
- 2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large onions, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons, divided
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 c. frozen peas
- In a large skillet over high heat, sear chicken until golden brown, 2 minutes per side. Season with salt and pepper and place in a slow cooker.
- Add onions, garlic, carrots, sugar, zest and juice of 1 lemon, thyme, and chicken broth, then season with salt and pepper. Cover with lid and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours, or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Add peas and cover with lid until warmed through, 2 to 3 minutes. Add zest and juice of remaining lemon. Serve immediately.